Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Importance of True Conversion


Hey there O'Brien family,

Well another week has quickly come and gone! It continues to amaze me just how quick the time goes by! 

Some cool new is that I already received my new companion, but Elder Berdon continues here as well! We are a trio until next week when Elder Berdon heads back home to Ciudad Victoria. My new companion's name is Elder Guillen. It is pronounced. Gee-yen. Sounds almost Chinese right? Haha.  He is from El Salvador. He is a pretty cool guy.  Elder Alvarado (my old companion) was his trainer actually. It is quite obvious because he acts and says stuff just like Elder Alvarado did. Cool fact: Elder Guillen knows Elder Joshua Holmstead. Elder Holmstead served in the ward of Elder Guillen in El Salvador. Small world right? :)

It sounds like Ashley had a pretty darn good birthday! Happy Birthday Ashley! :) 16! Watch out haha. I hope you really enjoyed it!

We haven't had the chance to make mashed potatoes yet. Some members wanted to make them but we have been really busy lately!  Jose will hopefully have his interview today for his baptism but we will see how that goes! We also have another family that accepted baptismal dates yesterday. We have the goal that they can get baptized at the end of this month. Just in time for the general conference right? :)

Oh I have to tell you what I ate yesterday. Cow stomach soup. haha. It is called Menudo. Look it up on the internet. It was kind of weird but good. It didn't make me sick or anything so that is a good sign. I have a stronger stomach than I thought! ;) 

Not too much else has been going on lately. We are working to find some more references and new investigators. It has been a bit slow but we continue looking! We are trying to work a lot more with the members right now so they will have more confidence to talk with their friends. We have received a couple references this week so we are praying all will go really well for them and that we can truly help them.

One thing I am seeing as a missionary is the importance of the true conversion and testimony. I feel like as a missionary I am truly strengthening myself in that manner. But I believe we all as saints in the church of Christ should be constantly striving for that. A brother in the church gave a talk yesterday about what it means to be a saint in the church of Christ. I was pondering that quite a bit. I believe if we really understood just who we were as saints in Christ's church we would see ourselves and the world differently. 

I hope that all is well in Idaho and that the Lord blesses you all! Remember to continue to study and pray. The Lord will bless you in more ways than you can imagine. 

Happy Birthday Ashley, Grandpa, and Mariah!

Love,

Elder O'Brien :)

No comments:

Post a Comment