Saturday, April 6, 2013

Quite the Journey

Hey there family! 

Well here I am in Nueva Italia with Elder Guillen. We said goodbye to Elder Berdon yesterday morning and today in the morning he arrived home I believe. We hope he is doing well along with his family! 

Elder Guillen and I keep working hard. We are setting a lot of goals to help the branch of Nueva Italia become a ward. We are seeing what else they need and what we should do to complete those goals. It will be quite the journey but it will be great! We are seeing many miracles and it makes me happy. Of course there are those moments where we wish we could help even more people but there is the point where we reach free agency right?  One of the great miracles we saw this week was that Abi came to church for the first time. His whole family has been members for two years but he never wanted to go but on Sunday he decided to come. I was extremely happy to see him there!

It sounds like Ashley had a really special birthday! Where did you all go out to dinner? 

How does McKenzie feel that she will be heading back into classes in a month? I can't believe you bought all my college stuff. Just for that I am going to have to extend six months. ;) What did you buy? I didn't hardly need anything right?

How has Dallin been? I am really behind on letters but I am working on them! Let Ashley know that I didn't forget to send her a card for her birthday. I am just waiting for a couple more things to send a package home to everyone. It should be on its way there soon. Don't get too anxious! :)

Well right now Elder Guillen and I have set some goals for the branch of New Italy. We are firstly hoping to make it a ward because it is just a branch right now. We will have to work a lot with the Elders Quorum (which right now practically doesn't exist) to reactivate priesthood holders. We figure once we can do that we will have a very strong ward! 

We are hoping to have some baptisms coming up. Nereyda, Gabino, and Alexandra. We are working with them so that they will be all ready in a couple weeks! They are progressing a lot. We just need to make sure they come to church every week. They come about every other week right now. We are happy and hoping to help them even more and continue progressing.

May the Lord bless you all. I know he is willing and ready in every moment. One thing I was reading in the morning was 1 Nephi 15:8. Many times we come to the point where we just aren't exactly sure what to do. We arrive to the point where James says we "lack wisdom". In this verse, Nephi asks a very simple question to his brothers, "have ye inquired of the Lord?". Whenever those moments in life come, we simply need to ask God and though prayer, fasting, studying the scriptures, and pondering, we can find those answers. 


Love you all,
Elder O'Brien ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment