Monday, April 15, 2013

Feel the heat

Hey family!

Well they are sending me home tomorrow for bad conduct. They said I shouldn't joke so much with my family with the April's fools jokes! ;)

No but I am doing really well. Today we are in Apatzingan and we went to the zoo and to eat pizza with the other Elders here and their recent convert and investigator. It was way awesome but the heat wore us out really quick! We are feeling a lot of heat for sure haha. It is quite the experience. I am not sure exactly how hot. Here in Apatzingan today it got up to 43 Celsius I believe! Quite hot. It wears us out sometimes but I still think that it is better than the cold. 

This week went really well also! We are meeting a lot of great people to teach. We are hoping that they will all be able to progress! We are also working a lot with the less active members to help them get back to full activity. It is a slow but worthwhile process!

I am really excited for the conference this weekend! I don't know why but the conferences pump me up so much for the work here. Are you all really excited as well? I am expecting a lot to come from it!

We have a lot of investigators getting ready for baptism in this month! We are praying a lot for them so that everything will turn out well! 

One thing I have been thinking a lot about lately is the resurrection. Really a hope unlike any other is found in the resurrection. Without the resurrection and the atonement there would not be hope to return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. 2 Nephi 9 explains it all very well. I am so grateful for the knowledge and testimony I have received of these things. It truly gives me a goal, a hope for me and all my loved ones. 

Have a great week! Love you all!


Elder O'Brien :)

No comments:

Post a Comment