Sunday, November 17, 2013

Grateful for all the blessings

Hey there family! 

We had another really good week. Elder Garcia and I are really enjoying all the work and progress that we are seeing! There are a couple exciting announcements for this week!

Well first off, we had interviews with President this week. We were discussing the area, Presidente Camarillo, Elder Garcia, and I. President asked us if we could use another pair of missionaries in the area. We talked over it a while and we decided it would be a really great idea. I was a little hesitant about it though, thinking if there would be enough work in the area for two pairs of missionaries but with all the blessings that we saw this week I realized it was definitely meant to be. We were able to find many new investigators and less active members in what will be the area for the new missionaries and some even came to church! Church attendance has gone up every week this change. We got up to 67 people in church this week which makes us really happy. We were also able to set various baptismal dates for next month. We had set a pretty high goal and I was really glad that we were able to complete it! We completed nearly all our goals for this week. Those that we didn't we were just barely short. I was really glad to see the way in which the Lord blessed us!

We also have the baptism of Esteban coming up! We are really excited for him! We are also working a lot with his aunt Estefani who is 15 years old. They both are progressing really well but Estefani doesn't want to accept a baptismal date still. We saw Estefani's mom today while we were buying some stuff. Elder Garcia told her that I would be heading back to the states soon. Her mom then said to me, ''Well I guess that makes it hard for you to marry Estafani then?".  I won't lie, I think I got pretty red and I had no idea what to say haha. She was joking of course. I told my companion that I should have told her that I would consider it if she let her daughter get baptized. I of course thought of that too late! 

Ivan is doing really well. He received the calling to be the young men's second counselor. He seems really excited! We also started teaching his mom yesterday. She seems really receptive, we will just have to work out some of the challenges there.

Elder Garcia's birthday is this week. I am still trying to think what I will do for him. Hopefully the inspiration comes soon!

Overall we just had a really good week. I am really grateful for all the blessings that we are receiving from the Lord. I received a letter for my last two weeks here in the field. I really just hope I can complete in all that the Lord hopes of me in this time that remains.

May you all have a great week! Love you tons!
Love,

Elder O'Brien :)

No comments:

Post a Comment