Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Love is the key

Hey Famiy!!! 

I hope you all had a really great week! Thanksgiving is this week! Are you excited for that one! You all will have a nice time at Grandma's house.


That is awesome that the Temple dedication was this week. How did it go? I am still super jealous! I like what you said about the blessings of the Lord and that was something I was really thinking about a lot this week! The Lord doesn't always bless us exactly in the manner in which we hope, but as long as we are obedient we are blessed. Even if it is only by the fact that the Spirit is with us to make us happy.  I think that is one of the biggest blessings we can have. It has been hard luck here with investigators and baptisms but the church attendance has gone up a ton lately! 59 yesterday! The most I have ever seen here in Tepa. We have a goal of 65 by the end of the month so we'll see how it goes this week and I know that as we are diligent and obedient the Lord will bless us! 

Haha I definitely won't be eating  deviled eggs this year but hey it's all good haha. They don't celebrate Thanksgiving down here. There is the day of the Virgin here on the 12th of December which should be pretty crazy! Then the next big holiday is Christmas. Only a month away! I truly can't believe it! Oh and I did get the birthday package last week. I must confess something also....I opened it early. Sorry!!! They pressured me into it! Haha. I read on the side what was in it so I said "Well I already know what is inside so I'm just going to open it".  I felt guilty afterwards though haha. Thanks for all the awesome stuff to make a cake and for a little party. Elder Lopez's birthday is the 26th so we are going to have a little party the 16th in case we have changes. It should be great! :)

McKenzie sounds really excited to be coming home this weekend. You will have to spoil her a little bit haha.

One really cool thing that we could do this last week was have the children's program. My companion was in charge of the music for them and I directed. All went SO well! It was so awesome to be part of that! Definitely stressful teaching them everything and making sure they got it down well but they did SO good on Sunday! I was proud haha. We are also getting a choir ready for branch conference this weekend and another for Christmas so we are staying nice and busy! 

We also got to listen to an area 70 this last Friday. Elder De Hoyos. It was really great as they mostly talked about the Book of Mormon and the Atonement of Christ which to me are the biggest messages we have to the world! We all made a lot of commitments to be better missionaries. I am looking forward to completing all the goals we have set! 

I hope you all have a really great Thanksgiving and that the Lord continues to bless you all! Remember that He loves you. Love is the key to everything in life. If we can develop perfect love is when we will truly be converted to the Lord and His gospel.

Love you all!
Elder O'Brien :)

The Gospel of Jesus Christ. Live it. Love it. Share it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment