Sunday, December 16, 2012

Follow His example


Hey family!
 
Another week has already come and gone! Can you believe it?! One week closer to Christmas! :)

It is awesome that McKenzie will be getting home so quick! That way you won't have only one kid in the house. That should give you a little bit more company! Haha. I was telling her that she will be wanting to work in Panda Express! Haha. With that and Institute she should stay pretty busy. Does she have other friends with the same track as her?

Man, everyone I know is getting married or going on a mission! Haha. I am happy for them all though! Everyone is making such great decisions in their lives that will truly be for the good! I know we live in a time with such great people and I am so thankful for my friends and all the great examples they are for me! Tell everyone congratulations!

That is so crazy that Tiann is already home! How is she doing?! I hope she is getting back to everything well! Let her know I hope to hear from her soon!  
 
That is such a touching story with Sister Wasden. Tell her to keep strong and that all will turn out just fine. We just can't lose our faith in the Lord.  He truly is always watching over us.
 
One of the greatest blessings I have seen these last couple weeks is the Atonement. I have been studying about Christ's life a ton lately and more about the atonement! In our conference last week we talked a ton about the atonement, and the way to apply it to our lives is though repentance. Now that is pretty obvious but they asked if we are really utilizing it as we should. They taught how we should look to repent every day because we are continually making mistakes. When we use the atonement through repentance, the atonement becomes something real to us! I can truly testify of that! I really feel the Spirit so much in my life as I am utilizing the atonement to become sanctified though Christ. I am so grateful for Christ and that atoning sacrifice He made for us. We can never repay Him for that. But all that he asks is that we follow His example and keep His commandments.
 
Thanks for all your love family! Have a great week!
 
LOVE,
 
Elder O'Brien :)
 
The gospel of Jesus Christ. Live it. Love it. Share it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment