Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sinking some teeth into the work

Dear Family,

Well this week was a really good one for both of us it sounds like! Lots and lots of work right? It sounds like all turned out really great back home and here as well.

Well this week we had interviews with Presidente Camarillo. They went really well. I always love the chance to talk with him. I feel that he just has a great way to make me feel good for the effort I am putting in but he helps me to realize that there are still many, many ways in which I need to improve. We talked a lot about the zone and the needs that it has. We talked about some ideas to improve and this week we have lots of good things that we hope to do!
We also started teaching one of the new investigators that I mentioned. Her name is Liliani. She is super great and super ready to receive the gospel. She said she felt a spiritual need in her life. She accepted the invitation to be baptized! We are really excited for her because we can just see how chosen of the Lord she was. She loves coming to church even though she lives pretty far away. She has now come 3 times. 

In church two new investigators came. They seem really cool also! We should be heading to visit them this week. I saw that they really liked the church so I am ready to start teaching them also. Things seem to be going really great with the investigators.

A couple of the less active families that we teach also came to church. I was really excited to see them also! Sadly the attendance was a bit down though because some of the active families were out of town, I think enjoying the last week of vacations.

Well another cool thing. My companion got bit by a dog. That was definitely an adventure. It was a dog that the branch president had barely adopted. It was pretty crazy. When it happened I was pretty sure I was going to be the next victim but it ran to another part of the house. We took my companion to the health center and we have to go every day for five days. No stitches fortunately! 

Overall it was a great week. I am very excited for this week. I know it will be another really great one! May the Lord bless you all in this week also! 

Love you all!
Love,
Elder O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment