Saturday, August 10, 2013

From Chapala with Love

Dear Family,

Hey hey! Well I forgive not being able to hear from you all cuz it looks like you all had a ton of fun in Oregon! But I ask myself, why didn't we ever do things like that while I was still home? ;) Haha just kidding!

I'm so glad all is going well for you all! It looks like the girls are growing up a lot! Ashley tells me she's just about as tall as McKenzie now! That is pretty incredible right? Mom is now the shortest right? :)

Well this week went really well! I can't believe we are in August already! Time seems to just keep flying! This week seems to go especially fast. We were super busy and sadly we couldn't work too much. We were in Guadalajara for two days for the leadership council meeting. It was pretty interesting I have learned a lot being a Zone Leader, and I am really enjoying it. We talked about all the things we need to improve as a mission and what we should share with the zone in the zone training on Friday. From Friday until Saturday I went to Ocotlan. It is about 2 hours from my area. There I was on divisions with Elder Winegardener. It was really cool cuz he was one that got to Mexico at the same time I did. Tomorrow we will also do divisions with Elder Ford who was in my MTC district so that will be great also!

The food here has been great.  One sister said she was going to make us pork chops with mashed potatoes and gravy! I can't wait until we go with her to eat!
What else has been going on? Well we got two really cool references this week. Some members from Mexico City came to church and brought some family members that they have here. They seemed to enjoy church and we are excited to be able to work with them. Also on Friday when I wasn't here we got another reference. My companion says she is really cool also so we'll be praying all goes well!

I have been super tired lately so I will need some more sleep I guess. I think it is because of the weather change. It was so hot in Nueva Italia, and here it can get a little chilly. Just imagine if I would have gone from Nueva Italia then back home. I am pretty sure I would have died haha.

Well I hope you all have a great week! Keep up the great work! Tell McKenzie to be safe in Hawaii. I hope you all know I love you a ton! Take care!

Love,

Elder O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment