Saturday, May 4, 2013

Live the Gospel of Christ


Hey family! :)
It is great to hear that you are all doing so well! How does McKenzie feel back up in Rexburg? Is it weird having the house so quiet again? I am sure Ashley is dying of boredom haha. It will sure be nice for you two though.
This week was a pretty good week. We were able to find a couple more investigators which was really nice. One is a young man named Fernando. He even went to church for the first time yesterday. Our other investigators are also starting to progress a lot also. We are really happy for them and hope they can continue learning and understanding more of the gospel of Christ so they will continue having the desire to follow Him.
Today was a cool day. We came to Uruapan to play soccer with the President which is cool! We are also getting ready to go to the leadership conference in Morelia in just a bit. I hope it will be another great opportunity to continue learning!
One thing that I really liked that President Camarillo told us today is that we should be more worried about inviting these people to live the gospel of Christ than receiving references and baptizing people. We should be loving these people with all our hearts and teach them the principles necessary that they might find peace in this life and eternal life in the life to come. I realized that when I just pray to have more love and charity then I teach what I think will help these people is when the Spirit takes control of our work. He becomes the senior companion and we simply become those humble tools in the Lord's hands to save His children.
Sorry I totally forgot to thank you all for the Easter package! It was super great! I loved the candy, notes, letters, and the ties. I am actually going to take both the ties to the conference tomorrow cuz I liked them so much! I also got some letters from Steph, Mark, and Aubrey Allen. It is good to hear everyone is doing so well!
I hope you all continue to have a really good week and I can't wait to talk to you all on Mother's Day! Keep working hard and doing what is right. It is always worth it!
Love ya all!
Elder O'Brien :)

No comments:

Post a Comment