Saturday, May 11, 2013

He is truly listening


Hey family!
 
Well another quick week came and went! Half the week I spent in the conference in Morelia. It was extremely interesting and I loved all that I was able to learn! I understood that we must teach even more the basics of the gospel such as studying the Book of Mormon and prayer so that all may gain their firm testimony of those things and then their testimony may be able to expand even more after. It was also really great to see a lot of old friends like Elder Jones, Elder Rueda,  and Elder Scott. I will try to get some pictures but if not I will get them next week.
 
Well some other cool news! I didn't get changed but I did get called to be district leader here! I am really excited for the opportunity to serve and help the members of the district and myself to grow even more. I think the Lord feels I am finally ready to grow even more and He is putting me to the test!
 
We are hoping to see some baptisms coming up but we'll see how that goes. We are going to put all that we learned in the conference into practice so that we can help these people to prepare for baptism and the members to convert themselves even more to the gospel.
 
One thing that I really liked about the conference was our discussion of the prayer of faith. At times we fall into routines with our prayers but we must realize that we are truly speaking to God. We can openly speak with him. We have to commit ourselves to be even better, set goals with the Lord and then work with all diligence to complete them. I know that as we truly show our faith we will see the many ways the Lord is helping us and He will show that he is truly listening to us.

Sorry I have got to go so quick but have a really good week! Remember I love you all and I can't wait to talk to you all on Mothers day. I'll be sure to fill you all in soon!
 
Love ya!!
 
Elder O'Brien :)

No comments:

Post a Comment