Sunday, August 26, 2012

Do as I say

Hey family! 

This week was pretty great!

That is great that Dakota Whiting is getting off. I thought he had already left actually. Zac will be heading off next pretty quickly! Just another month and a half!  

That is so crazy that McKenzie is getting all ready for college! She's off in about three weeks eh? Oh man that is so awesome! I remember buying all the stuff to get ready! It is definitely an exciting time. That is crazy I was getting ready to head off to college a year ago! Ah it seems like it was just yesterday! This whole idea of time is really starting to get to my head! Haha. What kind of computer did you get her? One for lots of video games huh? ;) Haha she doesn't even need a computer anymore with that phone she's got! Haha. She told me that has become her life! 

Sounds like McKenzie had the time of her life at institute. Geez! Haha. If you think that is bad just wait until BYU I DO. Haha. That is a good contract you've got going with her. Be sure to establish the regulations that explain the difference between going out on a date and hanging out haha. That is the universal sticky spot of dating hahahaha.

Who has taken over the Elder's quorum presidency?

Is Bourne Legacy another new movie to the Bourne series? I hadn't heard anything about it. How was Spiderman? I heard it wasn't that great either.  

Ahhh Ashley is free on the road in one more week! Nuts!

You've got Austin Ferguson as a home teacher now! Ahhh lucky! Haha that must be so fun! 

I heard about the hurricane. We have been getting a little bit more rain lately but it is the rainy season so I didn't really think anything of it until someone said something about the hurricane. All is well over here though! 

Truly nothing too crazy happened this week as far as I can remember. I got the packages though! Dang that was exciting. They were so great! The greatest part was that book of pictures you put together though! I was really confused when I pulled it out at first though. I was thinking...what in the world is this??? Hahaha. I opened it though and I was so excited! Ahh greatest surprise ever! Now I know why you wanted that SD card haha. I'll be sure to send another copy of the SD card in a couple months. The ties were so awesome! I am wearing them all haha. I already ate all the food also hahaha. I also got a couple letters this week. Anna Farris and Abigail Kirkman! It was way awesome to hear from those two! Sounds like they are all doing great up there! 

In this next one you send the only other thing I need right now is another one of those gels that you sent me. Just to be sure that I don't run out. Then a bunch a pictures. Other than that I am doing great right now with everything! Oh and don't forget the journal also haha. 

A funny experience this week....hmmm....oh I got it! So I also got my package from Paola, Yoselin, and Sandra this week. I opened it and they sent me a Taylor Swift shirt! Oh course I quickly pulled it out and put it on. I quickly realized though it was a shirt for girls hahahahaha. I still love it though. It is from her Love Story CD. It is way awesome! They want you to put up some of the pictures I have with it. 

A spiritual experience from this week....We went to visit some more of the less actives and while we were talking about the Restoration, I felt the impression to speak more about Prophets and explain more of their role for the world. I then explained how they teach us God's will in these days because the people of the world are continually changing but God never changes. My companion with that then explained how Joseph Smith revealed to the world "The Word of Wisdom". We didn't think so before but we came to know that our investigator had some problems with the Word of Wisdom. It was great because we were then able to help him begin to overcome those problems. It is amazing how the Spirit guides us and He truly directs everything in missionary work.

Changes were today but nothing changed here in Tepatitlan. I am still here with Elder Alvarado. We look forward to six more weeks together. 

Everything has been really great lately though. We don't have much going as far as investigators right now but I know as we continue to work hard and help the members they will be led to their friends who are ready to receive the gospel at this time.

It is great that all is going well up there in Idaho. I know as you continue to be obedient to the commandments of the Lord he will continue to bless you in every aspect of your lives. "For I the Lord am bound when ye do as I say, but when ye do not as I say, ye have no promise."

Keep being great and have another good week. You are all in my prayers. Thanks for all your support and all the blessings I receive from all of you. 

Love you!!

Elder O'Brien :)

No comments:

Post a Comment