Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Dream Moment


Hey fam!!!!

Well it was another great week for me and it sounds like it went well for all of you also!
Sounds like everyone is working like crazy up there! Ashley is nervous for drivers training?? That is not her at all haha. Though I'm sure it will be good so she isn't too crazy out there on the roads haha. That is crazy her classes will get done so fast! I know she will do great though!
Sounds like you are all going crazy with the new phones. Wow it only took Ashley 7 months to break my phone. Haha. That's alright though. I can't believe you got a smart phone though! Man you are all changing on me haha. From McKenzie's email it sounded like she really liked it! She will have way too much fun with that! Especially when she goes to college in a bit! Are you excited for that mom? The house will get really quiet when that happens haha. With that new smart phone she can skype you from anywhere though! :) I hope that is convincing enough that I'll be getting one when I get home ;)


I called the zone leaders today and they said the packages are there and they will give them to me tomorrow. Don't worry haha. The only thing I would like to have sent right now is lots and lots of pictures. That is seriously the highlight of the day when I get those. Pictures of everything! You guys, my friends, everyone! Make sure to print the good ones. Please :) Don't worry about sending the piano book because I already have the same one here so it's all good. Thanks though :)
Oh the good old DVD cleaning. I am sure everyone loved that haha. I sure do miss that! That is a great idea with the home videos. It is true I can just think back to watching those and I remember some pretty spastic moments haha. That is awesome dad is getting into the genealogy! We'll have a lot of work to do in the temple :)
AHHHH we are so close in the Olympics! We'll beat China don't worry. We always do ;)
Thanks for the pictures you sent. I didn't know Geovani was going to Lake Powell!! That is so fun that he went though! How is he? Was his English a little harder to understand than before? haha.
Well as for everything down here, it is going really well! We had a good week. We started the new plan and it went pretty well. We are really working with the less active members and we found a lot of new investigators from that! I am loving the new program. I think it won't go so hot for the first couple weeks and the adjustment continues but I have really thought about it a lot and realized just how great and inspired of a program it is. As we quit contacting it will help the members to really strengthen their testimonies to share the message with their friends. With the less active members we will rekindle that testimony inside of them and then we will begin to receive referrences from them. Then the part member families we will be working with to complete so they may be sealed in a temple and strengthen them even more. It fulfills all the 3 fold missions of the church by 1) Preaching the Gospel 2) Perfecting the saints 3) Redeeming the dead (because we are pushing to help everyone get temple recommends). It shows just how inspired our leaders truly are.
This week went mostly just trying to implement the new plan. It went really well and I really enjoyed it. We met some really great new people which was awesome.
A funny experience of this week: We were with Edgar and his parents and Edgar's dad offered me something to drink so I said sure becuase my companion said yes also. So I started to drink it and it tasted like eggnog. My companion after 15 seconds or so said, ''oh I know what this is. It has alcohol''. I was like, ''What!!!!!?''. Oh Edgar's dad was laughing and laughing. Hahahaha. I looked at the bottle and it hardly had alcohol but don't worry I didn't drink anymore. But that was my first drinking experience haha.
A more spiritual experience though: The young men and young women all went to Guadalajara this week for 3 days for a mini EFY type of deal. For testimony meeting most of them got up shared an experience they had. Edgar also got up to share his testimony which really surprised me. He told a story of how he got sick but he and another one of the boys knelt down and prayed in the middle of the night and within 10 minutes he was all good. It was so great to hear him then testify of the power of prayer. It was great because his parents were there and I know they could feel the Spirit becuase I know I did. That was a dream moment in the life of a missionary!
It really was a great week though and I know I will continue to be blessed as I am obedient and always am worthy of the Spirit. I am so grateful for all the blessings I have received and I pray the Lord will continue to bless me according to his will.
Love you all and keep being great! I pray for you every night and I know the Lord is blesing you and preparing many great things for you!
Love ya!
Elder O'Brien :)

No comments:

Post a Comment