Saturday, June 15, 2013

Preparing for Baptism

Hey Family!
 
From the looks of it you all had a really good week! It makes me very happy to hear that you are all doing so well! :)
 
This week was a really good week! I felt like we were able to work well and hard! We truly had a miracle this week that happened while I was on divisiones so I couldn't be there to see it but it had to do with one of our investigadores. He is 77 years old and didn't really seem interested at first about the church so I just kind of put him aside. Then, a miracle happened. My companion shared with me that they were talking to the family when mom had a few problems accepting the idea of baptism. Then the older man began to testify of the Book of Mormon. He was able to teach from the Book of Mormon to help her overcome her problem. I thought it was the biggest miracle that the Book of Mormon could have such a great effect on the life of one man. I truly know that ANYONE who reads it and asks the Eternal Father if it is true with real intent can receive an answer from God that it is. This man was able to testify of it to his family and now he is preparing for baptism on the 15th of this month. Keep praying for him so that all can go well! :)
 
We had our zone training this week and I got to share part of it. I shared about how we can find more people to teach. I shared a lot about the importance of inviting the Spirit in our lessons and helping the members and investigators feel the need to share this message with others. It is amazing as we learn more about the redemption that comes from Christ in our personal lives, our desires to share the gospel with others increases. I have seen it here in the mission frequently. As I read in the Book of Mormon about the saving grace and misery of Christ I feel that necessity to share with everyone I know the joy that comes from feeling free of everything. I know that through Christ's atonement we can feel such peace and have all that is bearing down on us lifted from our shoulders.
 
I have been extremely busy and am very tired! It is good though. I feel that I am really putting in a good effort! It is really all worth it when I can see those investigators and less active members in church on Sunday and the changes in them that I am able to see! It makes it all worth it at the end of all. I was thinking a lot about Tepa, my last area. Wow was that the hardest thing ever but now I miss it so much! I could see the biggest change in Tepa and I am so glad that I could serve there also!

 
I pray that you all have an extremely good week! I know that God lives and loves us.  Never let something you do impede you from receiving His blessings!
 
Have an amazing week!
 
Love,
 
Elder O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment